Essex places tremendous importance on our culture and team approach. Consequently, Essex will hire brokers laterally, as opposed to our traditional organic growth, only under rare circumstances.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree, Masters Degree, Juris Doctor, CPA and/or CFA. In addition, the candidate must have a demonstrated ability of real estate and transactional experience. Additionally, a candidate’s attitude and professional values must be consistent with Essex’ philosophy.
Brokers are responsible for business development and execution. We provide tremendous resources, analytics, training and commission splits. We reward success with advancement into becoming a Managing Director, and in exceptional circumstances, ownership as a Partner in Essex.
- Developing new business through phone calls and in-person contacts
- Advising clients in their individualized real estate investment strategies
- Preparing detailed analyses of clients’ properties, including broker opinions of value (BOV), market research, and rental surveys
- Staying updated with industry trends and market research
- Marketing exclusive property listings to qualified buyers
- Negotiating exclusive listing agreements and sale contracts
In addition to the above mentioned requirements, an active Illinois Real Estate Broker License is required. Furthermore, the candidate’s attitude and professional values must be consistent with Essex’ philosophy and team culture. Candidates should submit an email with attached resume and cover letter to email@example.com